What’s your favorite animal? Explore animal features by drawing your own.
- Photos or drawings of animals,
- newspaper pages,
- construction paper,
- markers or crayons
- 1. Choose an animal to make. Get inspiration from books and photos. Try one of these resources: National Geographic Kids, World Book Kids, animal books on our e-Library: Overdrive, Hoopla, and RBdigital.
- 2. Look at the shapes in the animal’s body. Draw the shapes on the newspaper. You can draw the whole animal as one piece, or separate pieces for the head and body parts.
- 3. Cut out all pieces of the animal and glue them together.
- 4. Draw and color in the features of the animal. What do the eyes, nose/beak, mouth, ears look like? Does the animal have fur, feathers, or skin? What colors do you want to use?
- 5. Glue the animal onto a piece of paper.
Want to make sure you don’t miss any of the great things we’re sharing? Sign up for our new Library Fun at Home Newsletter to stay in touch!