Welcome to MPPL’s Dial-a-Story! We’re here to read to you, wherever and whenever with Dial-a-Story. Call 847-232-8600 to listen to stories, jokes, songs, and more. Some items are read by your librarians, and some by other great narrators, but all have been carefully selected by library staff. Play a free pre-recorded story right from your phone, 24/7. Just call 847-232-8600 and follow the prompts to select the number of what you’d like to hear.
Our menu selections vary and change monthly, so we have created this go-to Web page for you to see what is playing during a specific month.
At the end of each selection, you will automatically be redirected to the main menu. However, if you don’t want to wait, you can press # to go to the main menu.
October 2021 Selections:
Links in this list show print, audiovisual, and electronic materials in the Mount Prospect Public Library’s collection with the same title that are available for check-out.
- Press 1 to listen to the poem, Autumn Leaves by Juliana Horatia Gatty Ewing.
- Press 2 to listen to the story, The Story of the Pumpkin by Norma B. Carson.
- Press 3 to listen to section 3 of Alice in Wonderland by Louis Carroll. This story is abridged and in Spanish.
- Press 4 to listen to the story, Creepy Carrots by Aaron Reynolds, read by Miss Rachel. This story is read with permission from Simon & Schuster.
- Press 5 to listen to the story, Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown, read by Miss Laura. This story is read with permission from Harper Collins Children’s Books.
- Press 6 to listen to the story Pulpo Guisado (Octopus Stew) by Eric Velasquez, read by Miss Claire. This story is in Spanish. This story is read with permission from Holiday House.
- Press 7 to listen to Halloween Jokes, read by Miss Anne.
- Press 8 to listen to the book review of Un Mundo de Juegos (A World of Games) by Angels Navarro, read by Miss Claire. This book review is in Spanish.
- Press 9 to listen to the book review, El Cucuy is Scared Too by Donna Barba Higuera, read by Miss Becca.
- Press 10 to listen to the book review, Poultrygeist by Eric Geron, read by Miss Becca.