Library Life October 2019
This episode of Library Life includes:
- A musical history lesson and concert on the Legends of Sun Records with guitarist and vocalist Randy Walker.
- An interview with Lutheran Home Marketing Director Linda Smith on planning for and trends in long-term care, why it’s important, costs of independent living, and other subjects from her October program How to Pay for Long-Term Care.
- A tour of the South Branch’s Mind and Body Connection program series with yoga instructor Carole Liss, covering health and wellness subjects that focus on deep connections between mind, body, and spirit.
- Adult Services Staff Recommendations highlight the theme of mysterious disappearances: The Girl Who Was Taken by Charlie Donlea; Since She Went Away by David Bell; Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter; Written in Bone by Simon Beckett; Dismantled by Jennifer McMahon; and The Girl Who Disappeared Twice by Andrea Kane.
- Youth Services Staff Recommendations show some team spirit with sports fiction: Beyond Lucky by Sarah Aronson; Roller Girl by Victoria Jamieson; Step Up to the Plate, Maria Singh by Uma Krishnaswami; Gabby Garcia’s Ultimate Playbook by Iva-Marie Palmer; Ghost by Jason Reynolds; and Checked by Cynthia Kadohata.
- Super Saturday: Cuenta y canta with Laura Crotte.
- Patron Interview: What is your favorite aspect of autumn, and why?