Library Life: July 2018
This episode of Library Life includes:
- Mount Prospect Public Library Foundation concert Encore Presents: Wish!
- An interview with historian Anette Isaacs about her June 26 program, Levi Strauss, the Gold Rush and the World’s Most Famous Pair of Pants.
- Throwback Thursday teen program.
- Adult Services Best Book Recommendation: The Wedding Date, by Jasmine Guillory. Other books featuring relationships: Act Like It, by Lucy Parker; Kiss an Angel, by Susan Elizabeth Phillips; The Duke and I, by Julia Quinn; Tempest, by Beverly Jenkins; and Yours to Keep, by Shannon Stacey.
- Youth Services Staff Recommendations include books about parallel universes: Signal, by Cynthia DeFelice; Cosmic, by Frank Cottrell Boyce; The 13th Reality: The Journal of Curious Letters, by James Dashner; The Twinning Project, by Robert Lipsyte; and Jed and the Junkyard War, by Steven Bohls. Best book pick within this theme: The Many Worlds of Albie Bright, by Christopher Edge.
- Super Saturday: Magic by Randy.
- Patron Interview: What is your favorite type of blue jean and why?