Library Life: September 2016
This episode of Library Life includes:
- A front row seat to hear The Rose Colella Trio, as part of the WDCB Jammin’ in the Stacks
- An interview with seasoned traveler and educator Dr. Susan Boldrey, previewing her two Cultural Series programs; Food Faith, and Flamenco on October 4, and The Two Countries of Spain: Galicia and Cataluna on October 27.
- A presentation and demonstration during Henna for Teens where patrons learn the history of this body art and are given a wear-home souvenir.
- Adult Services Staff Recommendations include books in distant places: Heart of a Dog, by Mikhail Bulgakov; The Rapture of the Nerds, by Cory Doctorow; Memories of the Future by Sigizmund Krzhizhanovsky; and Against the Day, by Thomas Pynchon. Best Book/DVD Pick within this theme: The Master and Margarita also by Mikhail Bulgakov.
- Youth Services Best Book Recommendations: How to Capture an Invisible Cat, by Paul Tobin. Other great books paving the way to Halloween: Frank Einstein, by Jon Scieszka; The Fantastic Fishsitter, by Mo O’hara; House of Robots, by James Patterson; Nick & Tesla’s High Voltage Danger Lab, by Bob Pflugfelder and Steve Hockensmith; and The Flinkwater Factor, by Pete Hautman.
- Highlights from The Essential Houdini, the entertaining performance of author/magician Willam Peck.
- Patron Interview: What is your favorite Halloween tradition and why?