Miss Mary shares her homemade wheat thins recipe! See below for instructions.
Recipe for Whole Wheat Thins:
- -1 cup of whole wheat flour
- -1 cup of white flour
- -1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
- -2 Tablespoons of wheat germ
- -1/3 cup of salad oil
- -3/4 cup of milk
- -1 teaspoon of molasses
- -3 Tablespoons of sesame seeds
- 1. Sift flours, salt, and wheat germ together. Mix salad oil, milk, and molasses and stir into the flour mixture until the dough clears the sides of the bowl.
- 2. Divide dough in half and set each portion in the center of a lightly greased cookie sheet. With a floured rolling pin, roll lightly and evenly to the edges of the pan.
- 3. Prick dough with a fork, sprinkle seeds, and press lightly with rolling pin. Cut dough into squares.
- 4. Bake about 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.