The Mount Prospect Public Library continues to take steps to help limit the spread of COVID-19. In adherence to Gov. Pritzker’s Executive Order, the Main Library and South Branch buildings are closed until further notice.
The library continues to provide resources to patrons and has enhanced several services available to Mount Prospect residents during the closure.
- Chat/text with a librarian Monday-Friday (9 a.m.-7 p.m.) and Saturday-Sunday (1-5 p.m.)
Chat or text: 847-750-4ASK (847-750-4275).
- Online library card applications available to all Mount Prospect residents.
- Extended due dates for materials; please hold on to materials until we reopen.
- No new fines for checked out materials.
- Increased limits for OverDrive e-books and audiobooks.
- Increased limits for Hoopla movie stream checkouts.
- Increased/extended Wi-Fi signal strength outside the Main Library.
- Virtual programming available on YouTube.
Our actions are guided by available science and information from health and infectious disease experts, and the safety of our patrons and staff is our highest priority. For up-to-date information about COVID-19, please refer to these important resources: