Digital Media Guide
You can borrow from a wide collection of e-books and other digital media with your Mount Prospect Public Library card. All you need to get started is a MPPL Library card in good standing, a PIN, and in some cases, an e-mail address for account creation.
|Comics||iOS APP||Android APP||eReaders||Other Apps|
|Overdrive||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||Kindle Fire |
|Hoopla||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||Kindle Fire, Web Browsers|
Overdrive provides a large collection of downloadable audio and e-books, along with a mobile app for enjoying both. Borrow up to 5 items at a time and place holds for unavailable items.
- Download Overdrive titles to a broad range of devices. Some audiobooks and e-books are also available to stream through your browser.
- Find Overdrive titles in our online catalog, at https://dlil.overdrive.com, or in the Overdrive app.
- Are you a kid or a teen? Overdrive has a site just for you!
- Download the app for your device from Overdrive or start searching for items to borrow at https://dlil.overdrive.com.
- Log in with your library barcode and PIN number to borrow titles.
- The quickest way to resolve most problems is with Overdrive’s self-help website.
- Still stuck? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any problems you can’t solve on your own.
Hoopla offers a broad selection of streaming and downloadable media in your browser or through the Hoopla App for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire. Borrow up to 8 items per calendar month without needing to put anything on hold.
- Stream or temporarily download content onto your iOS or Android device for on-the-go enjoyment.
- Find Hoopla content at hoopladigital.com, or on the Hoopla app.
- Use your library card number, PIN and email address to create an account in the app for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire.
- You can also sign up at hoopladigital.com
- Take a look at Hoopla’s support site for solutions to most common problems.
- Still stuck? Get in touch at email@example.com
Effective 2/1/2021, RBDigital magazines will no longer be available through the RBDigital app. These magazines will be available through the Libby and/or OverDrive apps.
PressReadergives you access to the latest issues of nearly 7,000 magazines and newspapers.
- Read on your smartphone or tablet with the PressReader App for iOS or Android, or on your computer with your web browser.
- You can subscribe to titles to have them delivered directly to your mobile device.
- Use your Library card number, PIN, and e-mail address to create an account in the app for iOS or Android.
- Instructions for signing into the app.
- Browse PressReader guides https://care.pressreader.com/hc/en-us/articles/218051783-How-to-guides
- Still stuck? Get in touch with us at mppl.org/research/ask-a-librarian