Access Mount Prospect Public Library from Home
Staying in? We’ve got you covered! You can still access our wide variety of digital subscriptions and web resources in our MPPL e-Library right from home. With your Mount Prospect Public Library card, the e-Library is open 24/7.
Need a library card? Complete the online form.
To access our databases, use your 14-digit MPPL library card number located on the back your library card. (You can also find it as “My Barcode” in the MPPL App.) Your PIN number is the last four digits of the telephone number on file unless you changed it.
To get you started, here are some web resources and digital services to keep you and your family occupied.
- New York Times Online: Enjoy unfiltered access to New York Times articles, including recent stories.
- Chicago Tribune: Access indexed issues of the Tribune, including current top news stories.
- Pressreader: Browse digital copies of thousands of newspapers and magazines in over 100 countries.
- Global Newsstream: Provides access to recent news content from all over the world.
- Wall Street Journal: View full-text issues of WSJ stories, including the most current stories.
In-Home Fun and Entertainment for Adults and Kids
- OverDrive: Download audiobooks, ebooks, magazines, and video from the Digital Library of Illinois.
- Hoopla: Enjoy movies, music, e-books, and audiobooks from Hoopla on your mobile device or computer.
- Kanopy: Stream critically acclaimed films, indie films, documentaries, and more from your computer or mobile device.
- TumbleBooks: The TumbleBooks library provides quality e-books for children that will encourage and engage tech-savvy young readers.
- New Oxford Shakespeare: Access everything Shakespeare, including full plays, annotations, historical and modern critical responses, and more.
- National Geographic Virtual Library: Access past and present full-text issues of National Geographic and National Geographic Traveler.
- AtoZ Food America and AtoZ World Food: Learn easy-to-follow food and beverage recipes from all over the country, and all over the world.
- LinkedIn Learning: View a vast variety of video tutorials in subjects ranging from the createive, to software and technology, to business skills, and so much more.
- Tutor.com: Get one-on-one help from a tutor, 2:00- 9:00 p.m., or use the Skills Center, 24/7.
- Gale Courses: Access fully online programming with over 350 six-week courses in both personal and professional development.
- Article Finder: Search for articles and periodicals across multiple databases with a single search.
- Mango Languages: Learn a foreign language!